Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic... Almost anything goes...

A warning to anyone looking to lower their car with PIWIS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 04:18 AM
Default A warning to anyone looking to lower their car with PIWIS

A warning to anyone looking to lower their car with PIWIS

A few weeks ago I had my car lowered by 20mm using PIWIS at the dealer. Everything seemed fine until I noticed that the passenger side was a bit higher than the driver side and asked them to adjust it if possible in case a change was needed.

I tried this and they insisted this caused issues and that it could not be restored to factory condition. My car is now back to its original height on the passenger side and lower on the driver side. It seems the dealer has basically given up on fixing it. I took it to another dealer with more resources and technicians in the hopes that they could reprogram it properly, but now it may cost money.

The second dealer actually recommended using a lowering module instead of the PIWIS modification. He said that unlike many other manufacturers where you can simply change a value, Porsche's system uses a level sensor as well as a number, so you can't just change a number to lower the ride height and expect reliability.

We'll provide an update soon. We expect to hear from the dealer soon on whether they've managed to solve the problem.

If you have a better answer, please contact me in time. If there is no reply, please send an email to: Sales@obd2.ltd

Old 08-20-2024, 04:20 PM

I had a similar issue when I lowered my car. I used PIWIS too, and it turned out messy—one side was higher than the other, and it was a pain to fix. I ended up going with a lowering module, and it worked much better for getting everything even. If the second dealer is suggesting that, it might be a good move.